Improved Valve Index support...
The biggest update is accurately detecting an "index" or "knuckles" controller whether it is on a Vive or an Index. This way I can adjust the angle of the saber so it lines up with the weirdly lined up Index controller...
Other minor updates described in detail:
- taking more motion samples from the controller while computing the velocity and angular velocity for the toss mechanic so it is slightly more accurate than before
- fixed a long-standing out-of-bounds error that I was handling in a clunky way that might have resulted in an object that won't cut until you cut something else
- better heating of the groundplane when raycasting through other objects (i.e. when the saber stabs through an object it can burn the floor)
- line burns on the groundplane look a lot better and the math involved makes more sense, which probably means it's also faster ;)
- tweaked the hot groundplane color cooling and timing involved with the color gradient
- more correct implementation of the job system on the dynamic groundplane texture map which probably means it's faster and uses less memory but most importantly, that it definitely doesn't have a memory leak
Get Saber Thing VR Tech Demo
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.